What Precautions Should I Take When I Shave?
Hair, it's an annoying thing. We all have to clip it, cut it, trim it, and most of all shave it to get rid of it all. And when you do shave, you always risk getting nicks, cuts, burns, and any other extremes eliminating hair from your person.
Here are some things you should consider when shaving:
- Always use a new, sharp safety razor.
- Change blades as soon as they become dull or have any nicks in them.
- Wash the desired area with warm water and a moisturizing cleanser.
- Keep the skin hot and moist to help soften the skin and hair.
- Use a pre shave oil (such as Nouria Elixir Oil).
- Apply a trusted shaving cream (such as Coochy Plus) or gel. Allow it to sit for a few minutes so it can soften the skin further. This is to make the shave as seamless as possible for the razor. Apply it with your fingers, but the best applicator is a brush to lather because it may help lift hairs and help coat them with shaving cream.
- Make sure if you have sensitive skin you choose a product(s) gentle enough for your skin.
- Always, always, always shave in the direction the hair is growing to avoid razor burn and ingrown hairs.
- Rinse the blade frequently to remove hair and shaving cream.
- To avoid skin irritation, try to do a “one-pass shave” going over the desired areas.
- Use cold water to rinse your skin and reduce inflammation
- As an added bonus, to rehydrate your skin, use an aftershave moisturizer (such as Nouria Aftershave Moisturizer).
Everyone's skin is different, so make sure you do what is best for your own benefit. These are just a few tips to help those who are uncertain about their skin care and shaving routine. Be sure to stay with us for more tips, tricks, hacks, and other benefits to shaving, and a whole lot more. And be sure to follow IntiMD on Instagram and Tiktok and all our other social media accounts for more.